Thursday 4 August 2011


Mr. Sardar Khan / Afsar Khan said I was cultivating “Bashkaliyan” (a local type of Wheat Seeds) from beginning from which I could reap a maximum quantity of 5 to 6 mounds per mound. Then I got seeds of “MH-97” in 2002-3 which was best one. I reap 15 to 16 from these seeds. Now I have cultivated “UQAAB” it seems it is also the best one but it takes time for getting ready for harvest.
I would suggest LSO, AKRSP and donors to provide certified seeds of “MH-97” which is suitable for our land and get ready earlier then the other seeds. Thus a farmer can cultivate Maize after harvesting wheat. He said that we have seeds if MH-97 but it got mixed with other ones therefore we could not get best results of it. It would be better if these seeds would certify. He confidently said that MH-97 is totally successful seeds for us. He thanked LSO, AKRSP and donors of these seeds at the end.

No comments: